Posted on March 6th, 2022
Colorful is one word to describe the culture of the Caribbean people. It’s a mesmerizing mix of influences rooted in its rich heritage, shaped by its long history of colonization, and molded by waves of immigration. The region is a melting pot of different languages, cuisine, music, and customs. Its culture is a beautiful blend of a colonial and native elements shaped by each country’s socio-cultural experiences. It is this diversity that gives the Caribbean region a unique identity. Here are a few things about the Caribbean culture that will make you want to pack your bags and fly to the islands so you can experience it yourself
10. Shaped By A Long History Of Colonization
9. Food Is An Important Aspect Of Family Life
8. Diversity Is Reflected In Their Language
7. Birthplace Of Many Musical Genres
6. Distinct African Heritage
5. Spiritual Diversity
4. Carnivals And Parades Are Serious Business
3. Architectural Melting Pot
2. Folklore Revolves Around Supernatural Creatures
1. Different Way Of Mourning The Dead
The Caribbean is a melting pot of cultures with influences from European colonizers, the native community who lived there before colonization, and the waves of immigration.
In Jamaica, people believe that the soul of the dead can linger for nine days.
African culture has left an indelible mark in Caribbean history.
Original article: https://cms-enterprise.prod.ueni.xyz/venue/edit/572679c3-c811-488a-868e-6df45be4a2d4/spaces